Posted May 1, 2022
Is currently recruiting qualified applicants for the following new position:
The Chiropodist intern will contribute to creating a safe and healthy environment for both patients and staff. He/She will also assist to provide direct medical foot care and medical services to patients.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Keep the treatment rooms prepped and assist with the flow of clients;
- Clean, disinfect and sterilization of equipment;
- Collaborate with and refer to other health care professionals if required;
- Provide direct medical services to patients (specifically by assisting in bio mechanical assessment)
- Complete accurate documentation concerning client condition; (such as data taking of bio mechanical exam and chart patient encounters for Chiropodist)
- Educate client and client families to achieve and maintain optimal foot health by assisting with intake process, follow up with patients after procedures and of assessments
- provide, as ordered by a chiropodist, direct medical services to patients such as Laser therapy for dermatological infections as well as Laser therapy to decrease pain and inflammation .
- Function as a collaborative member of the clinical department team which consists of Chiropodists, Registered Practical Nurses, Pedorthist, Orthotic Technician, Shoe Fitter and Office staff to provide a quality customer focused service. Work with allied health to provide a team-based treatment approach.
- Consistently demonstrate knowledge and expertise in professional practice, letter writing and charting.
- Prepare the treatment room and handling of clean and sterilize the equipment.
- Commitment to meet or exceed the needs of all patients and educate the client and the family members to achieve and maintain optimal foot health.
- Demonstrated strong communicator; listen for clarity and meaning, speak in an honest and straightforward manner to ensure mutual understanding in a conversation, and complete charting with accurate documentation concerning client condition
- Treat each patient or family member with understanding, respect and kindness.
- A recognized diploma in Chiropody or related field of study
- Knowledge in assisting in providing foot care
- Customer service experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills essential for medical reports and educational and promotional activities
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- Proven ability to effectively interact within a multi-disciplinary team
- Sound problem solving skills
- Flexible to meet changing department/service needs
- Able to meet the physical demands of the position
Eligible applicants must be a recent College or a University graduate within the last 3 years.
Interested applicants must submit their applications to be considered.
In order to be eligible, candidates must meet the criteria set out by the NOHFC employment funding program.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their response; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.