Posted Jan 21, 2019
Is currently recruiting qualified applicants for the following new position:
The Chiropodist intern will contribute to creating a safe and healthy environment for both patients and staff. He/She will also provide direct medical foot care medical services to patients.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assess and treat all foot conditions. Treatment consists of patient education (both individual and group), foot and nail care, callus reduction treatment to reduce abnormal growth of thickening skin of the feet that is causing pain., wound management, biomechanical assessment custom orthotics, compression stockings and knowledge and provision of foot care products and orthopaedic/comfort footwear. Laser therapy to kill warts and fungus in nails as well as Laser therapy to decrease pain and inflammation. Shock wave treatment which is used to treat chronic heel pain (such as plantar fasciitis).
- Function as a collaborative member of the clinical department team which consists of Chiropodists, Registered Practical Nurses, Pedorthist, Orthotic Technician, Shoe Fitter and Office staff to provide a quality customer focused service. Work with allied health to provide a team-based treatment approach.
- Consistently demonstrate knowledge and expertise in professional practice, letter writing and charting.
- Prepare the treatment room and handling of clean and sterilize the equipment.
- Commitment to meet or exceed the needs of all patients and educate the client and the family members to achieve and maintain optimal foot health.
- Demonstrated strong communicator; listen for clarity and meaning, speak in an honest and straightforward manner to ensure mutual understanding in a conversation, and complete charting with accurate documentation concerning client condition
- Treat each patient or family member with understanding, respect and kindness.
- A recognized diploma in Chiropody
- Current registration with and member in good standing of the College of Chiropodists of Ontario or the College of Nursing of Ontario
- Knowledge in providing foot care
- Customer service experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills essential for medical reports and educational and promotional activities
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- Proven ability to effectively interact within a multi-disciplinary team
- Sound problem solving skills
- Flexible to meet changing department/service needs
- Able to meet the physical demands of the position
Eligible applicants must be a recent College or a University graduate within the last 3 years.
Interested applicants must submit their application by June 1st, 2019 to: Jobs@rainvillehealth.com
We thank all applicants for their response; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.