Is currently recruiting qualified applicants for the following new position:
Foot Care Nurse Intern
The Clinical Medical Intern will contribute to creating a safe and healthy environment for both patients and staff. He/She will also provide direct foot care medical services to patients.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assess and treat foot conditions. Treatment consists of patient education (both individual and group), foot and nail care, wound management, custom orthotics, compression stockings and provision of foot care products and orthopeadic/comfort footwear.
- Function as a collaborative member of the department team which consists of Chiropodists, Registered Practical Nurses, Pedorthist, Orthotic Technician, Shoe Fitter and Office staff to provide a quality customer focused service.
- Consistently demonstrate knowledge and expertise in professional practice.
- Prepare the treatment room and clean, disinfect and sterilize the equipment.
- Commitment to meet or exceed the needs of all patients and educate the client and the family members to achieve and maintain optimal foot health.
- Demonstrated strong communicator; listen for clarity and meaning, speak in an honest and straightforward manner to ensure mutual understanding in a conversation, and complete accurate documentation concerning client condition
- Treat each patient or family member with understanding, respect and kindness.
- Registered Practical nursing diploma
- Current registration with and member in good standing of the College of Nursing of Ontario
- Knowledge in providing foot care
- Customer service experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills essential for medical reports and educational and promotional activities
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- Proven ability to effectively interact within a multi-disciplinary team
- Sound problem solving skills
- Flexible to meet changing department/service needs
- Able to meet the physical demands of the position
Eligible applicants must be a recent College or a University graduate.
Interested applicants must submit their résumé to: Jobs@rainvillehealth.com
We thank all applicants for their response; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Proudly sponsored by Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation.